In 2015, the increased use of Oncotype DX prostate cancer test promoted changes in treatment received, resulting in greater recommendations and adoption of active surveillance. Also noteworthy is the research devoted to best standard of treatment for all stages of prostate cancer.
CancerConnect News coverage of advances in the management of prostate cancer included the following key developments.
2015 Prostate Research News
- Men Who Forgo Aggressive Treatment for Prostate Cancer Don’t Receive Appropriate Monitoring
- Shorter Course of Radiation as Effective as Longer Course in Low-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Combined Hormone and Radiation Therapy Superior to Radiation Alone for Prostate Cancer Recurring After Prostatectomy
- Gene-Targeted Drug Can Treat Prostate Cancer
- Two-drug combination boosts survival in metastatic prostate cancer
- More Men with Low-Risk Prostate Cancer Are Delaying Treatment until Progression
- Prostvac® Vaccine Promising in Treatment of Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Statin Drugs Can Delay Prostate Cancer in Patients Receiving Androgen Deprivation Therapy, Study Shows
- Researchers Develop New Potential Drug for Rare Leukemia; Separate Study Suggests Possible Role in Prostate Cancer Treatment
2015 Oncotype DX News
- Medicare Initiates Coverage for Genomic Health’s Oncotype DX® Prostate Cancer Test Effective Immediately
- Oncotype DX Increases Use of Active Surveillance in Prostate Cancer Patients
LEARNING MORE ABOUT PROSTATE CANCER
Knowledge is power. Are you facing a new diagnosis, recurrence, living with metastatic disease, or supporting a loved one through their cancer journey?
- Sign up for monthly newsletters on prostate cancer here.
- Get the facts about prostate cancer here.
- Join ongoing discussions with other individuals affected by prostate cancer in the CancerConnect private online support group here.
- Follow CancerConnect on Facebookand Twitter.
Copyright © 2017 CancerConnect. All Rights Reserved.